About the program
Mentoring our Future is a mentoring program for Kosovar students who are in their penultimate or last year of studies (Bachelor’s or Master’s). The main aim of this program is to facilitate the transfer of professional knowledge and experience between established professionals and Kosovar students who are interested in developing their career in a respective field. This program’s goal is to allow each student to receive individual attention and guidance related to their professional development goals, career aspirations and networking needs. Moreover, this program will work to help students in identifying and pursuing opportunities for internships or possible employment directly related to their degrees, using the mentors’ network.
On the other side, MoF will give mentors the opportunity to contribute to their society. Kosovo has a lot of professionally successful people working in different institutions worldwide. In this regard, the program aims on connecting them with their homeland and so the volunteering mentors will act as coaches and role models to support students with their personal and professional growth. After all, the idea is to show the community different and attractive approaches of educational and professional development.
Who are the mentors?
Mentors are established albanian speaking professionals who live in Kosovo, Region, and Diaspora.
Who is eligible to become a mentee?
Students in Kosovo, who are in their penultimate and last year of Bachelor studies and those who are doing their Masters degree.
How does the program work?
- The call for applications will open in the second week of August and will end in the last day of August;
- During August, students will apply through the register form in the website, and will have the chance to choose up to three mentoring fields/ topics;
- After the application phase, selected students will go through group and individual interviews;
- In September, MoF team will pair the mentors and mentees compatible with their fields of interest;
- Selected students will pay a participation fee of 25 euro which will be used to cover the costs of the social activities organized during the program;
- A number of scholarships will be available.
- In September, information sessions will be organized for the selected students. Detailed instructions on how the program will work will be provided.
- In October, mentoring sessions will begin. One mentoring session will be held per month, lasting 1 to 2 hours. The total number of mentoring sessions is 8, until May of next year.
Mentoring our Future (MoF) is a mentoring program for Kosovan students. The main aim of this program is to facilitate the transfer of professional knowledge and experience between established professionals and Kosovar students who are interested in developing their career in a respective field. This program will serve as a meeting point of these professionals and as an exchanging space of their professional experience, therefore this networking will be an address where the community will communicate and benefit in different areas.